A big mug of Earl Grey tea to start the morning // The biggest strawberry I have ever eaten! // Miss Gay Arlington 2013 at the Capital Pride Parade // I went to a gay pride parade and a spontaneous dance party erupted (imagine that! ;)
The new chant I just wrote on Sunday! It's been almost 2 years since I wrote any kind of music and it felt AMAZING to channel deity and compose again. It's a chant I wrote
Looking forward to...
The annual picnic for a local pagan social group I belong to is on Saturday. There's going to be crafts, canoeing, lots of good food, maybe a ritual, and maybe drumming? I haven't been to many events, but I know a few folks in the group, and I'm looking forward to meeting the others I don't yet know. I think it will be a great time!
I recently finished reading Dingo by Charles de Lint. It's a YA novel in his "Newford" series, about 2 teenage boys who fall in love with twin teenage girls who are, for lack of a better word, were-dingos, and they all have to work together to save the girls from a big bad. Delightful characterization for such a short novel, and while it's definitely YA in tone, it was still so wonderfully de Lint.
I've actually been thinking about cross-posting my reviews of pagan-y books from Goodreads onto my blog. Is that something you would be interested in seeing on here?
It's been a long time since I've picked up a needle and thread - over a year, I think. But I finally started a new cross-stitch project! I overcast the fabric a week or so ago, and spent several hours stitching last night. It was delightful. I sure needed my zen back. I can't wait to keep working on it!
What I'm loving online right now...
* Unless you're living under a rock, I'm sure you've heard by now that today the SCOTUS struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and Prop 8!! I cried ample tears of joy and relief this morning. Love between consenting adults is always legitimate, and finally the federal government has begun to recognize it.
* Elizabeth over on Delightfully Tacky talks about the myth of bloggers' seemingly "perfect" lives.
* Anna on And Then We Saved has a great list of 17 things to do today that will make you proud of yourself in a year.
* This tumblr never ceases to make me laugh my a** off, especially now that it's wedding season.
* Teo on Bishop in the Grove has a great post about building a contemplative practice. I really love the tree graphic - I might have to post that up on my wall near my altar.
* And of course, I continue my obsession with bunnies!